(LAS VEGAS, NV, November 13, 2018) – Today at Autodesk University, HP Inc. announced new hardware and solutions to help change the way architectural, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries design and print.
Autodesk users will now experience faster HP PageWide XL printers1, breakthrough simplicity with HP Solutions for Large Format printers, new Z by HP portfolio enhancements, and advances in VR. The new technology makes its debut in the HP showcase (#A451) of new printing hardware and solutions designed to be intuitive and efficient for Autodesk users. Experience the new HP Solutions for Large Format Printing, HP PageWide XL printing technology, the latest HP DesignJet Z9+ PostScript® Printer Series printing Z by HP posters, the HP DesignJet T830 24-in Multifunction Printer, HP new powerful HP ZBook mobiles, and VR “snacking” tool.
Reinvents technical print production with faster entry-level PageWide XL solutions
Now 25 percent faster at the same price1, the upgraded HP PageWide XL 4000 series is the most cost-effective solution in the PageWide XL portfolio for enterprise, public sector users, including architects and engineers, to achieve fast, and easy printing with a consolidated printing workflow. The HP PageWide XL 4600 Printer and MFP and HP PageWide XL 4100 Printer and MFP join the fastest printer portfolio in the market2 offering speeds up to 15D/A1-size or 10D/A1-size prints per minute, for technical work teams of architects and engineers and copy shops to deliver technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs.3 With more than 7,000 units shipped and 5 billion ft² (500 million m2) printed since the HP PageWide XL printer launch in 2015, more customers are discovering the value the market-leading4 HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses worldwide. HP PageWide XL printers do the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints at breakthrough speeds: the Power of One.
Frictionless large format printing experience
Eight-five percent of design creators need help when printing in large format5. HP is focused on delivering seamless print experiences with new solutions to enable creativity, productivity, and smarter ways to bridge the physical print with the digital world. Designed to simplify how AEC businesses print, users have access to one click solutions and can virtually print anytime and anywhere from all devices.
Simple and easy print solutions include:
- HP Click: This one-click desktop printing software gives customers the confidence to print right the first time. HP Click now enhances the users batch printing experience with just one click by optimizing media usage and costs while achieving error free printing.
- HP Smart App: A mobile app designed to print, scan, and share content now enables users to print content from the cloud from virtually anywhere with transparency and control.
- HP Poster App: An easy online design tool to create and print professional looking posters with the largest collection of free and premium content. Now users have access with a direct and easy printing with HP Click.
"In a world with a 100 percent digital construction vision, paper is still the most common tool used in the field. Small businesses in the AEC industry require the right tools to bridge physical prints with dynamic digital solutions, like CAD software,” said Guayente Sanmartín, General Manager and Global Head, HP Large Format Design Printing. “HP’s vision is to merge the best of the physical and digital worlds to have everybody on the same page.”
HP is collaborating with customers around the world on delivering a pilot program focused on using augmented reality technologies to help reduce errors caused by outdated plans.
The HP Augmented Print solution has enormous potential. It bridges the gap between digital and paper. We are excited to work with HP to improve our customers’ construction projects,” said Roberto Molinos, CEO and founder, Modelical.
At Autodesk University, HP will also showcase powerful HP ZBook mobiles and a VR “snacking” tool.
Changing the Way, the World Designs
The new Z by HP portfolio including HP ZBook mobile workstations, HP Z desktops like the mighty HP Z2 Mini or the powerful HP Z8, and the award-winning HP DreamColor displays, deliver the powerful productivity, versatility and security today’s power users need to do their best work. The HP ZBook Studio, HP ZBook Studio x360, HP ZBook 15 and HP ZBook 17 have been enhanced with greater processing power, innovative security features and bright displays. The performance increase, with six-core Intel® Core™ i9 processors, will enable users to tackle heavier workloads, such as video editing and 3D rendering. The expanded memory option up to 32 GB of memory (expandable up to 128 GB depending on model) allows users to work faster with large amounts of data. New security feature RAID 1 gives users mirrored SSD storage, providing peace of mind by always providing back up for valuable data.
Tackling VR in New Ways
For architects, product designers, developers and educators, HP revealed its Opera Glass proof of concept for “VR snacking.” The HP Labs innovation enables “VR snacking” users to quickly and easily switch between primary display and VR headset while seated or standing at a desk. With HP’s innovative concept, users can quickly enter and exit their VR environment, seamlessly integrate with a traditional workflow and quickly share a VR experience with a group. Furthering its commitment to delivering a comprehensive VR solution, HP is working with Theia Interactive, a trusted developer that creates world-class VR visualizations for architecture, manufacturing and beyond. Theia has extensive experience creating architectural walkthroughs, interior design configurators, XR product demonstrations, virtual reality training simulators and marketing experiences for brands.
Contact us, for more information!
1. The new HP PageWide XL 4600 Printer series prints up to 15 D/A1 size pages per minute compared with the previous HP PageWide XL 4500 Printer delivering 10 A1/D size pages per minute.
2. Fastest based on alternative low-volume LED printers and MFPs (under 7 D/A1 pages/minute) as of November 2018.
3. Operational costs based on low-volume LED technology under $20,000 USD in the market as of November 2018. Operational costs consist of supplies and service costs. For testing criteria, see http://www.hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
4. HP PageWide XL printers portfolio are worldwide market leaders in high-volume and mid-volume both in the USA and in Canada representing 40% of the share according to IDC market share data result from August 2018, growing +9% YoY.
5. From internal market research study conducted on LF printer users – September 2018.
6. Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply.
7. Pricing and availability subject to change. Availability may vary depending on region and country.
Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
© 2018 Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.