AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT Essentials
This class covers the essential core topics to enable students to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in AutoCAD® / AutoCAD LT®.
The objective of the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Essentials course is to enable students to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore, learning to use it can be challenging.
AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Essentials course covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training.
4 days : 9:00am - 4:00pm
COURSE OF FOCUS:
- Understanding the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology
- A working knowledge of your operating system
The AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT Essentials course is designed for those using the AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT® software with a Windows operating system. This course is not designed for the AutoCAD for Mac software.
This course is not recommended for users that have completed the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Fundamentals training as Essentials contains the same content.