Professional photographers openly share what they need, want, and even don't want in a printer. Like stunning black and white prints with deep blacks and detailed gradations. A wide color gamut that accurately reproduces even the most difficult colors. And at Canon, we listen. Introducing the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000. A 17" wide format professional printer with an 11-Color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system that does it all. Arguably one of the best printers we've ever engineered. Distinguished by a bold red line.
- ANTI-CLOGGING TECHNOLOGY: The FINE print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system. This generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging. Additionally, ink ejection conditions are precisely checked with sensors, and if a clog is detected, another nozzle automatically provides backup. In addition to preventing wasted prints due to clogging, this also reduces the frequency of which nozzle cleaning is required.
- AIR FEEDING SYSTEM: The Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type. A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer. The Air Feeding system creates a printing environment that keeps a consistent height between the print head and the media being used. Variances in height can occur due to paper curl or variations in temperature and humidity. A consistent level surface leads to remarkable ink droplet accuracy and improved image quality.
- LUCIA PRO INK SYSTEM: The LUCIA PRO 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system satisfies the demands of the most critical photographer or graphic artist. Denser droplet placement provides a broader color gamut and improved gloss uniformity for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing. Incredibly accurate color reproduction, outstanding image clarity, and enhanced detail in darker areas distinguish each print. On fine art papers, higher black density renders even the finest shadow detail, for a print that becomes a work of art.
- BLACK DENSITY AND DARK SHADOW AREAS: Deep blacks, which make the image crisp, and precise gradation can be attained across all media types. On glossy media, light reflection off of a printed image is stabilized by the Chroma Optimizer and the newly formulated Photo Black ink. Overall, your images will enjoy an enhanced dynamic range.
- WIDE COLOR GAMUT: A new ink system adopts 11-color inks and Chroma Optimizer ink. This system helps you achieve an improvement in color-reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas. It faithfully reproduces colors and dark areas crucial for printing works of art. The newly formulated blue and magenta inks will help recreate the finest details when printing nightscapes and sunsets.
- NO SWITCHING OF BLACK INKS: On other printers, switching from Matte Black to Photo Black consumes a significant amount of ink and time. The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is designed to work seamlessly when changing media types. Matte Black and Photo Black inks have their own dedicated nozzles, so no switching is necessary. You can print on fine art paper then glossy paper with no worries, no changes, and no waste.
- FAST PHOTO PRINTING: At the heart of the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is a 1.28" wide print head. Expanding the printing area by 50% with each movement of the print head, print speeds are drastically improved. This increases your productivity through efficient high-speed printing.
- PRINT STUDIO PRO v 2.0 PLUG-IN: This powerful plug-in software provides professional photographers with intuitive printing solutions. New functions added provide enhancements to your printing workflow.
- PRINTER MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS: Every detail in your print must be perfect, why not have the same obsession for your workflow? The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is precisely managed with these powerful management tools.