Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- FAST—Work without delays
- Handle even the most complex files with powerful processing architecture and the Adobe PDF Print Engine.3
- Cut maps to different sizes in fewer steps with the first printer including an integrated vertical trimmer.1
- Print up to 20% faster4 with 2400 nozzle-per-inch, high-definition HP printheads.
- PRECISE—Clearly distinguish subtle details
- Read details more clearly and see high-contrast color with new high-definition HP printheads.
- No need for light inks with HP's dual drop technology.
- Get smooth gradients, even for challenging color combinations, with HP Pixel Control.
- SECURE—Protect your work and your information
- Protect printers/data from unauthorized access with HP Secure Boot, whitelisting, and encrypted hard disk.
- Protect documents, preserve confidentiality with authentication solutions like PIN printing, card readers.5
- Secure your printers with HP JetAdvantage Security Manager; manage your fleet remotely with HP Web Jetadmin.
Model size: 24in
Print speed: Fast: 720 ft²/hr on plain media; Normal: 164 ft²/hr on coated media; ...
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster and PostScript drivers for Windows and macOS; PDF driver for Windows 8 and above
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL
Number of print cartridges: 6 (cyan, magenta, yellow, matte black, photo black, chromatic red)
Ink types: Pigment-based
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
Color Stability: < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
Print repeatability: Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000
Maximum optical density (black): 4 L* min/2.5 D
Connectivity, standard: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 128 GB (virtual)
Internal Storage: 500 GB self-encrypting
Finished output handling: Roll feed, top sheet feed, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 11 to 24-in
Media sizes, custom: 8.3 x 11 to 24 x 66 in
Media types: Photographic, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, backlit
Roll external diameter: 5.3 in
Media thickness: Up to 31.5 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 1.2 A max
Power consumption: < 100 W (printing); < 32 W (ready); < 0.3 W (< 6.5 W with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep); 0.1 W (off)
Energy star certified: No
Operating temperature range: 41 to 104ºF (5 to 40ºC)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 50.9 x 27.4 x 39.3 in
Weight: 145 lb
UPC number: 193015737181
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 56.7 x 30.2 x 28.3 in
Package weight: 214 lb
Software included: HP DesignJet Z6 PostScript Printer, printheads, introductory ink cartridges, printer stand and media bin, spindle...
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
Request Information Data Sheet
1 Vertical trimmer and dual rolls included with the HP DesignJet Z6dr 44-in PostScript® Printer with V-Trimmer only.
3 The Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) is Adobe’s high speed, high fidelity print platform. Version 4 extends APPE’s leading edge for print reproduction with new performance efficiencies and breakthrough rendering features. APPE 4 enables printers to increase workflow efficiency and capitalize on the profit potential of innovations in inkjet print technology. To learn more, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfprintengine.
4 Based on internal HP testing. Up to 20% faster printing compared to the HP DesignJet Z2600 PostScript® Printer and HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer. May vary depending on print mode and media type.
5 Card reader functionality enabled through optional third-party solutions.