Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- EXPERIENCE SIMPLICITY—At the high-end
- Adopt a smart workstyle with easy PDF printing using HP Click software. 1
- Empower your workforce. Easily print and share jobs from the cloud with your mobile device and HP Smart app.
- Fits your workplace with the most compact footprint and most quiet operation, with up to 87% less noise.2
- UNLEASH PERFORMANCE—To turn design into delivery
- Showcase design versatility from precise line drafts to boldly colored 3D renders, with HP Bright Office Inks.
- Control who accesses the printer and its confidential documents with secure user authentication.
- Keep your fleet secure with HP JetAdvantage Security Manager
- THE PERFECT FIT—For your office and budget
- Save space by placing the world's smallest plotters wherever they fit best in your office.1
- Provide the highest accuracy and display the finest details with the unique Adobe PDF Print Engine.3
- Meet deadlines with the fastest speed up to 180 D/hr.2
Model size: 36 in
Print speed: 180 D/hr, 19.3 sec/D
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster, PostScript and PDF drivers for Windows
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4
Number of print cartridges: 6 (C, M, Y, G, pK, mK)
Ink types: Dye-based (C, M, Y, pK, G); pigment-based (mK)
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
HP ePrint capability: Yes
Connectivity, standard: Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, BootP/DHCP (IPv4 only), DHCPv6, TFTP
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 128 GB (file processing) 
Internal Storage: 500 GB self-encrypting removeable
Finished output handling: Sheet feed, front-loading roll feed, roll switching, integrated 100 page output stacker, media bin, automatic horizontal cutter
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 11 to 36 in
Media sizes, custom: 8.3 x 11 to 36 x 48 in
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, self-adhesive
Roll external diameter: 5.5 in
Media thickness: Up to 19.7 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 1200 mA max
Power consumption: 35 watts (printing), 3.5 watts (sleep), 0.2 watts (standby)
Energy star certified: Yes
Operating temperature range: 41 to 95ºF
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 55 x 30 x 43 in
Weight: 181 lb
UPC number: 193808345616
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 58.1 x 30.2 x 31.5 in
Package weight: 249 lb
Software included: HP Click, HP Smart app, HP Support Assistant, HP Print Preview for Windows, HP DesignJet Utility for macOS and Windows
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty.
1 Compared to Canon Direct Print & Share and based on “One Click Print.” Once image is selected, one-click printing when printing the entire file without any modifications to the print settings. Applicable to PDF, JPEG, TIFF,DWF, HP-GL/2 files.
2 Based on comparable large-format inkjet printers under €12,000 as of December, 2018. IDC figures show that Canon, Epson, and HP combine for 98% share of this printing category worldwide as of Q3, 2018. Fastest print speed based on sustained printing speeds. Most compact footprint calculated using all devices in "Operation mode" with an Open Basket and the arm of the Screen (front panel) spread out to enable user interaction. Most quiet according to internal HP testing of sound pressure level during operating mode (plain paper, line drawing, Normal mode) compared to published specification of competitive printers. Percentage calculations of noise based on lineal units vs. Canon TX-3000 published spec of 51dB(A).
3 Requires purchase of the HP DesignJet T1600 PostScript® models or optional HP DesignJet PostScript/PDF Upgrade Kit. Highest accuracy and finest details compared to printers without the embedded Adobe technology excluding RIP users, and based on internal HP testing with PDF files containing special fonts, PANTONE® colours, smooth shading, overprint, and transparencies that can only be reproduced using the Adobe PDF Print Engine. The Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) is Adobe’s high speed, high fidelity print platform. To learn more, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfprintengine.
4 Dual rolls included with HP DesignJet T1600dr printers only.
5 Advanced embedded security features are based on HP review of 2019 published embedded security features of competitive printers, as of February 2019.