Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- ACCURATE—Make better decisions with precise colors
- Get bright color and bold image quality—even on plain papers—with HP Bright Office Inks.
- Reproduce transparencies, layers, color palettes, and gradients with embedded Adobe PDF Print Engine.2
- Tuned profiles reproduce distinct shades of color; color/gray/photo black inks make soft colors, dark tones.
- EFFICIENT—No more PC freezing up
- Adobe PDF drivers2 free up your computer immediately after sending to print—even for the most complex files.
- Handle complex files—powerful processing architecture1, 128 GB memory4, 500 GB HDD at 116 A1/D pgs/hr.
- Easily print project sets and PDF documents with HP Click printing software.
- SECURE—Protect your work and your information
- Protect printers/data from unauthorized access with HP Secure Boot, whitelisting, encrypted hard disk, more.
- Protect documents, preserve confidentiality with authentication solutions like PIN printing, card readers.3
- Secure your printers with HP JetAdvantage Security Manager; manage your fleet remotely with HP Web Jetadmin.
Model size: 44 in
Print speed line drawing (economode, D plain paper): 116 pages per hour
Print speed: 116 D/hr, 26 sec/D
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster drivers for Windows and macOS; PostScript and PDF Windows drivers and macOS PostScript driver
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7 ext 3, HP-GL/2, TIFF, JPEG, URF, CALS G4
Number of print cartridges: 6 (cyan, magenta, yellow, photo black, matte black, gray)
Ink types: Dye-based (C, M, Y, pK, G); pigment-based (mK)
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
Maximum optical density (black): 2.15 maximum black optical density (6 L*min)
HP ePrint capability: Yes
Connectivity, standard: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); USB Type-A host port
Connectivity, optional: HP USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN Adapter
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 128 GB (virtual)
Maximum Memory: 128 GB (virtual)
Internal Storage: 500 GB self-encrypting
Finished output handling: Sheet feed, roll feed, automatic horizontal cutter
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 11 to 44-in (279 to 1118-mm)
Media sizes, custom: 8.3 x 11 to 44 x 66 in (210 x 279 to 1118 x 1676 mm)
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, self-adhesive
Roll external diameter: 5.3 in (135 mm)
Media thickness: Up to 31.5 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 1200 mA max
Power consumption: [35 W (printing), [5.6 W (ready), [2.1 W (sleep), 0.2 W (standby)
Energy star certified: Yes
Operating temperature range: 41 to 104ºF (5 to 40ºC)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 70.9 x 27.4 x 39.3 in (1802 x 695 x 998 mm)
Weight: Single-roll: 159 lb (72 kg), dual-roll: 163 lb (74 kg)
UPC number: 191628121977
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 77 x 30.3 x 28 in (1955 x 770 x 710 mm)
Package weight: Single-roll: 278 lb (126 kg), dual-roll: 282 lb (128 kg)
Software included: HP Click, HP Utility for Mac and Windows, HP WebJet Admin, HP Embedded Web Server, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP Partner Link, HP MPS
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
1 Card reader functionality enabled through optional third-party solutions.
2 Based on 4 GB DDR3 RAM.
3 Requires purchase of HP DesignJet T1700 PostScript models or optional HP DesignJet PostScript/PDF Upgrade Kit. The Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) is Adobe’s state-of-the-art high-speed, high-fidelity print platform. Version 4 extends APPE’s leading edge for print reproduction with new performance efficiencies and breakthrough rendering features to reproduce layers of information. APPE 4 enables printers to increase workflow efficiency and capitalize on the profit potential of innovations in inkjet print technology. To learn more, visit http://adobe.com/products/pdfprintengine.
4 +/-0.1% of the specified vector length or +/-0.2 mm (whichever greater) at 23° C (73° F), 50-60% relative humidity, on A0/E printing material in Best or Normal mode with HP Matte Film and HP Original HP Bright Office Inks.