Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- EASY—Convenient printing helps reduce time, waste
- Cut waste by 50%—print at half scale with automatic sheet feeder/tray; cut extra work, waste of wide rolls.1
- No LAN needed—move this printer any time, any place your Wi-Fi signal can reach with wireless connectivity.2
- Easily print project sets and PDF documents with HP Click printing software.
- SMART—Invest in a robust printer
- Robust, compact, and professional—this printer fits your business and gives you space to work.
- Produces prints 3 times faster than previous HP models—see A1/D-size prints delivered in 25 seconds.
- Choose from 130/300-ml HP ink cartridges to fit your print volume, large supplies can reduce interventions.
- THE PERFECT FIT—For your office and budget
- Save space by placing the world's smallest plotters wherever they fit best in your office.1
- Save time by connecting and printing right away with Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Save money by printing in-house with HP’s most affordable plotters.2
Model size: 36 in
Print speed line drawing (economode, D plain paper): 82 D prints per hour
Print speed: 25 sec/page on D, 82 D prints per hour
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: Raster driver for macOS and Windows
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, URF
Number of print cartridges: 4 (C, M, Y, K)
Ink types: Dye-based (C, M, Y); pigment-based (mK)
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
Maximum optical density (black): 8 L* min/2.10 D
HP ePrint capability: Yes
Connectivity, standard: Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
Connectivity, optional: HP USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN Adapter
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 1 GB
Maximum Memory: 1 GB
Internal Storage: None
Finished output handling: Sheet feed, roll feed, input tray, automatic horizontal cutter
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls): 11 to 24 in / 11 to 36 in
Media sizes, custom: Input tray: 8.3 x 11 to 13 x 19 in; manual feed: 13 x 19 to 24 x 74.7 in
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, self-adhesive
Roll external diameter: 3.9 in
Media thickness: Up to 11.8 mil
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 1200 mA max
Power consumption: 35 watts (printing), 3.5 watts (sleep), 0.2 watts (standby)
Energy star certified: Yes
Operating temperature range: 41 to 104ºF
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 55.2 x 23 x 45.5 in
Weight: 105.8 lb
UPC number: (ABA) 194441079296; (B19) 889296886860; (B1K) 889296886891; (BCB) 889296886907
Package dimensions (W x D x H): 62.5 x 22.6 x 25.4 in
Package weight: 104.3 lb
Software included: HP Click, HP DesignJet Utility for Windows, HP Smart app, HP Poster Web app
Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty
1 Printing on sheets eliminates the extra work and cutting waste of printing on performance equivalent roll-based printers in the market as of September, 2015. For example, printing at half scale (13.5 inches) on a typical (36-inch) roll results in over 50% paper waste and additional labor to cut.
2 Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network (usually Wi-Fi access points bridge wireless to wired connections) or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/designjetmobility for more details.
4 The HP Smart app is available for Apple® iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch running iOS v12.0 or later and for Android™ mobile devices running Android™ v7 (Nougat) or later. The HP Smart app is available for free from the Apple® App Store for Apple® mobile devices and from the Google Play Store for Android™ mobile devices.