Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- A NEW STANDARD—Experience extreme reliability
- Built with the most robust design for demanding environments.1
- Best fit for your office with up to 30% smaller footprint and the most quiet operation.4
- Flawless user experience thanks to automatic media loading and print stacking up to 100 pages.
- IMMEDIATE RESULTS—Fastest first page out1
- Don’t wait in front of your printer with the fastest first page out, in just 29 seconds.1
- Free up your time with radically simple and fast batch PDF printing using HP Click software.2
- Quickly access your personal and group folders from the 15.6-inch touchscreen, so you can print and share right away.3
- SECURE—World's most secure large-format printer5
- Rely on the best network protection with features like HP Secure Boot and whitelisting.5
- Control who accesses the printer and its confidential documents with secure user authentication.
- Keep your fleet secure at any time with HP JetAdvantage Security Manager.
Functions: Print, copy, scan
Print speed: 180 D/hr; 19.3 sec/D; 3 D/min
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included: PostScript and PDF Windows drivers, raster drivers for Windows, AirPrint for macOS
Print quality color (best): Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print languages: Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4
Number of print cartridges: 6 (cyan, gray, magenta, matte black, photo black, yellow)
Ink types: Dye-based (C, G, M, pK, Y); pigment-based (mK)
Line accuracy: ±0.1%
HP ePrint capability: Yes
Connectivity, standard: Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, DHCPv6, ...
Network ready: Standard
Memory: 128 GB (file processing)
Internal Storage: (AES-256 encrypted)
Finished output handling: Sheet feed, spindle-less drawers, automatic front-loading roll feed,...
Media types: Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, self-adhesive
Media thickness: Up to 19.7 mil
Scanner type: Sheetfed, CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
Scan resolution,optical: Up to 600 dpi
Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%, at 1% increment
Power: Input voltage (auto ranging) 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 2 A
Power consumption: [120 W (printing + scanning); 40 W (ready); [1.0 W ([14 W with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep); 0.3 W (off)
Energy star certified: Yes
UPC number: 193808566141
Software included: HP Click, HP mobile, ePrint and iOS/Android support plus the HP Smart app for mobile, HP Web Jetadmin, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP SmartStream (optional), HP SmartTracker (optional)
Warranty: 90-day limited hardware warranty
Request Information Data Sheet
1 Based on comparable printers using LED technology and capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent more than 70% of the share of low-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of November, 2018. Fastest first page out and up to 10 times less energy consumption based on internal HP testing for specific use scenarios. Operational costs based on low-volume LED technology under $17,000 USD in the market as of November, 2018. Operational costs consist of supplies and service costs. For testing criteria, see http://www.hp.com/go/designjetxlclaims.
2 Requires purchase of the HP DesignJet XL 3600 Multifunction Printer series PostScript models or optional HP DesignJet PostScript/PDF Upgrade Kit.
3 Using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
4 30% smaller footprint based on comparable printers using LED technology and capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent more than 40% of the share of low-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of November, 2018. Measure done considering operational footprint (with the media drawer open). Most quiet operation based on comparable printers using LED technology and capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent more than 70% of the share of low-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of November, 2018. Most quiet according to internal HP testing of operation mode and ready/sound mode sound pressure (plain paper, line drawing, normal mode) compared to published specifications of competitive printers. For testing criteria, see http://www.hp.com/go/designjetxlclaims.
5 Advanced embedded security features are based on HP review of 2019 published embedded security features of competitive printers, as of February 2019.