Fast, seamless printing experience with the ultimate security1Get high-productivity monochrome and color speeds up to 10 D/A1 pages/min2, easy printing and workflow efficiency with HP software, and the best network protection with HP Connection Inspector dynamic security, HP Secure Boot, and Whitelisting.1
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- Enhanced print/scan/copy for extreme simplicity
- Easy printing and workflow efficiency with HP Click, HP SmartStream software; HP SmartTracker cost control.
- The market’s largest 15-inch touchscreen9 makes it easy to operate from the front and the back.
- Scan on the fly, gain agile digitalization with live scan preview and contextual post-edit capabilities.8
- Fast mono and color print, keep cost under control
- Don’t waste time waiting on prints—high-productivity monochrome and color speeds up to 10 D/A1 pages/min.2
- Excellent technical prints with HP PageWide XL pigment inks—vivid color, crisp lines, fine detail beat LED.3
- Save with low running costs in mono and color4 and with up to 10 times lower energy consumption.5
- World's most secure large-format printer1
- Best network protection with HP Connection Inspector dynamic security, HP Secure Boot, and Whitelisting.1
- Keep your fleet secure and set security preferences—any time—with HP Jet Advantage Security Manager software.
- Control who accesses the printer and its confidential documents with secure user authentication.
Print quality color (best)
Number of print cartridges
Scan resolution, optical
Scan size, maximum
Roll external diameter
Energy star certified
Operating temperature range
Operating humidity range
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
Package dimensions (W x D x H)
8 GB DDR4
1 x 500 GB HDD, self-encrypted with AES-256
1200 x 1200 dpi
HP PageWide Technology
4 (C, M, Y, K)
Pigment-based (C, M, Y, K)
36-in (91-cm) CIS scanner
Up to 36 in
Bond and recycled papers, poster papers, polypropylene, Tyvek papers, matte film
Up to 7 in
HP SmartStream software (optional), HP Click printing software, HP PageWide XL print drivers (PDF, HP-GL/2, and PCL3)
TCP/IP, BootP/DHCP, USB 2.0 host
HP-GL/2, TIFF, JPEG, Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7
0.27 kW (typical); 0.7 kW (max printing); 95 W (ready)
41 to 104ºF
20 to 80% RH, depending on media type
77 x 30.9 x 55.7 in
88.9 x 40.9 x 62.1 in
1 Based on comparison of published security specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC. Comparison matrix and further details available upon request.
2 The HP PageWide XL 3920 Multifunction Printer delivers 6 CAD output D/A1 prints in 1 minute. Number of pages will vary depending on the print mode and application printed.
3 Based on testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Fine detail based on the number of line breaks found in 1.5 mm of line. On vertical 1 px C,M,Y,K lines. Printed on Oce 75 g plain paper using equivalent fast/high-speed print modes. For output produced with an HP PageWide XL 8200 Printer and comparable printers from different manufacturers and that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.
4 Calculation based on total cost of ownership comparison of comparable competitive printer, considering average printhead life. Results show maintenance costs reduced by 50% when printing technical drawings. Analysis period of 5 years and assuming a production of 10763.91 ft²/month with a printing category distribution of: 80% lines, 20% high-density images. Testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020.
5 Based on tests performed internally by HP based on ISO 20690 and performed in September, 2020. Comparable printers using LED technology based on LED printers capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent the majority market share of mid-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of October, 2020.
8 Based on comparison of published front panel specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.