Gain efficiency with fast, easy, and cost-effective print/scan/copy production1Get instant delivery of your mono and color printouts with speeds up to 20 D/A1 pgs/min.2 Easily operate from front and back with the market’s largest 15-inch touchscreen.5 Print/scan/copy in mono and color with a single HP-branded solution. 1
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- Enhanced workflows, added efficiency and security
- The market’s largest 15-inch touchscreen5 makes it easy to operate from the front and the back.
- Save time—manage folder styles, add job separations, detect hidden layers before printing—with HP SmartStream.
- Scan on the fly, gain agile digitalization with live scan preview and contextual post-edit capabilities.1
- Help cut production costs up to 30%7
- Print, scan, and copy in monochrome and color with a single HP-branded solution.1
- Gain broad control over your printing costs with HP SmartTracker software.
- Up to 10 times lower energy consumption than comparable LED printers.8
- Instant delivery of mono and color printouts
- Respond to your customers' requests right away with print speeds up to 20 D/A1 pages/minute.2
- Reliable technical prints with HP PageWide XL pigment inks—vivid color, crisp lines, fine detail beat LED.3
- Gain productivity—one device delivers mixed sizes/paper types in 50% of the time, no mono/color collating.4
Print quality color (best)
Number of print cartridges
Scan resolution, optical
Scan size, maximum
Roll external diameter
Energy star certified
Operating temperature range
Operating humidity range
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
Package dimensions (W x D x H)
8 GB DDR4
1 x 128 GB SSD, 1 x 500 GB HDD, both self-encrypted with AES-256
1200 x 1200 dpi
HP PageWide Technology
4 (C, M, Y, K)
Pigment-based (C, M, Y, K)
36-in (91-cm) CIS scanner
Up to 36 in
Bond and recycled papers, poster papers, polypropylene, Tyvek papers, matte film
Up to 7 in
HP SmartStream software (optional), HP Click printing software, HP PageWide XL print drivers (PDF, HP-GL/2, and PCL3)
TCP/IP, BootP/DHCP, USB 2.0 host
HP-GL/2, TIFF, JPEG, Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7
0.27 kW (typical); 0.7 kW (max printing); 95 W (ready)
41 to 104ºF
20 to 80% RH, depending on media type
77 x 30.9 x 55.7 in
88.9 x 40.9 x 62.1 in
1 Based on comparison of published security specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC. Comparison matrix and further details available upon request.
2 The HP PageWide XL 3920 Multifunction Printer delivers 6 CAD output D/A1 prints in 1 minute. Number of pages will vary depending on the print mode and application printed.
3 Based on testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Fine detail based on the number of line breaks found in 1.5 mm of line. On vertical 1 px C,M,Y,K lines. Printed on Oce 75 g plain paper using equivalent fast/high-speed print modes. For output produced with an HP PageWide XL 8200 Printer and comparable printers from different manufacturers and that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.
4 Calculation based on total cost of ownership comparison of comparable competitive printer, considering average printhead life. Results show maintenance costs reduced by 50% when printing technical drawings. Analysis period of 5 years and assuming a production of 10763.91 ft²/month with a printing category distribution of: 80% lines, 20% high-density images. Testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020.
5 Based on tests performed internally by HP based on ISO 20690 and performed in September, 2020. Comparable printers using LED technology based on LED printers capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent the majority market share of mid-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of October, 2020.
8 Based on comparison of published front panel specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.