High efficiency—the fastest large format printing1 and cost-efficient production workflowRespond immediately with the fastest large-format printer1 and speeds up to 30 D/A1 pgs/min.2 Easily operate from front and back with the market’s largest 15-inch touchscreen.6 Free up operator time with a full end-to-end solution.
Dynamic security enabled printer. Only intended to be used with cartridges using an HP original chip. Cartridges using a non-HP chip may not work, and those that work today may not work in the future.
- Boost efficiency, enhanced workflows and security
- The market’s largest 15-inch touchscreen5 makes it easy to operate from the front and the back.
- Avoid errors and reduce reprints by automatically detecting hidden layers before printing with HP SmartStream.
- Save preparation and finishing time by managing folder styles and adding job separators with HP SmartStream.
- Full end-to-end solution, up to 50% less costs8
- Free up operator time with a high-capacity stacker, inline folders, auto-switch, and up to 6 rolls.
- Print monochrome and color technical documents at the same or lower cost than comparable LED printers.8
- Up to 10 times lower energy consumption than comparable LED printers.9
- React immediately, and meet the tightest deadlines
- Respond immediately with the fastest large-format printer1—up to 30 D/A1 pgs/min2—end-to-end productivity.
- Reliable technical prints with HP PageWide XL pigment inks—vivid color, crisp lines, fine detail beat LED.3
- Gain productivity—one device delivers mixed sizes/paper types in 50% of the time, no mono/color collating.4
Print quality color (best)
Number of print cartridges
Roll external diameter
Energy star certified
Operating temperature range
Operating humidity range
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
Package dimensions (W x D x H)
1 x 128 GB SSD, 1 x 500 GB HDD, both self-encrypted with AES-256
1200 x 1200 dpi
HP PageWide Technology
4 (C, M, Y, K)
Pigment-based (C, M, Y, K)
Bond and recycled papers, poster papers, polypropylene, Tyvek papers, matte film
Up to 7 in
HP SmartStream software (optional), HP PageWide XL print drivers (PDF, HP-GL/2, and PCL3)
TCP/IP, BootP/DHCP, USB 2.0 host
HP-GL/2, TIFF, JPEG
0.37 kW (typical); 1.2 kW (max printing); 120 W (ready)
41 to 104ºF
20 to 80% RH, depending on media type
Standard: 77 x 30.9 x 64.4 in; With high-capacity stacker: 77 x 80.3 x 64.4 in
88.9 x 40.9 x 62.1 in
1 Based on comparison of published security specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC. Comparison matrix and further details available upon request.
2 The HP PageWide XL 3920 Multifunction Printer delivers 6 CAD output D/A1 prints in 1 minute. Number of pages will vary depending on the print mode and application printed.
3 Based on testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Fine detail based on the number of line breaks found in 1.5 mm of line. On vertical 1 px C,M,Y,K lines. Printed on Oce 75 g plain paper using equivalent fast/high-speed print modes. For output produced with an HP PageWide XL 8200 Printer and comparable printers from different manufacturers and that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.
4 Calculation based on total cost of ownership comparison of comparable competitive printer, considering average printhead life. Results show maintenance costs reduced by 50% when printing technical drawings. Analysis period of 5 years and assuming a production of 10763.91 ft²/month with a printing category distribution of: 80% lines, 20% high-density images. Testing commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020.
5 Based on tests performed internally by HP based on ISO 20690 and performed in September, 2020. Comparable printers using LED technology based on LED printers capable of printing 4-6 D/A1 pages per minute and which represent the majority market share of mid-volume LED printers in the US and Europe according to IDC as of October, 2020.
8 Based on comparison of published front panel specifications commissioned by HP and performed by Sogeti in September, 2020. Comparison of the HP PageWide XL portfolio and competitors that represent the majority market share of LED and UV-gel printers worldwide as of 2019 according to IDC.