Introducing Revit® 2022
Autodesk® Revit® 2022 contains a large number of improvements across 4 key themes:
Design Productivity: Discipline-specific authoring tool enhancements for architects and engineers (civil, MEP, and structures).
Interoperability: Workflow enhancements between Revit and both Autodesk and third-party tools, coupled with support for open standards and additional file formats for data exchange.
Documentation Efficiency: Many improvements to schedules, tags, annotations, graphics, and similar features.
Developer Tools: Additional capabilities offered via Dynamo and the Revit API.
Now Offering Revit Template Creation ServicesRevit being a multi-trade software, makes templates of high importance. Templates are preset and give users a standard environment required for any project and work within company guidelines.
Typical templates include system families for modeling, annotations, view templates, sheets, schedules and titleblocks.
Revit® 2022 - New Key Features:
PDF ExportExport views and sheets to PDF files. Provide custom naming rules for batch exporting of PDF files.
Wall EnhancementsWall enhancements include the ability to create tapered wall elements and to display only a wall's core layers
Shared Parameters in Key SchedulesExport views and sheets to PDF files. Provide custom naming rules for batch exporting of PDF files.
Improved FormIt InteroperabilityUse FormIt as a tool for developing conceptual models, and refine the design in Revit without losing data
Link Rhinocerous® (3DM) FilesLink 3DM files into your Revit models to build on the work started in Rhino
Multi-leader tagsUse multi-leader tags when you need to place one tag that references multiple elements of the same category
Rotated TagsUse the Angle parameter in tag properties to rotate tags
Multiple Values IndicationControl how properties with different values are displayed when multiple elements are selected, scheduled, and tagged
Move Rebar in a SetControl individual bars in selected rebar sets and reinforcement systems to avoid clashes and maintain system logic
Faster & Precise Rebar PlacementYou can now place single bars or sets by specifying two points to define a bounding box to which the rebar shape is expanded
Model Rebar using the Real Bar DiameterYou can now model rebar using the actual bar diameter to avoid clashes
Systems Analysis Loads ReportWhen you perform a Systems Analysis and select the HVAC System Loads and Sizing workflow, a new loads report contains more detailed information
People Flow ToolkitRoute analysis now includes the ability to analyze multiple routes, as well as new family content to help you perform route analysis tasks
Share 2D ViewsUse the Shared Views tool to share 2D views of your model with project stakeholders in the cloud
Tag Curtain Wall MullionsUse the Tag by Category command to tag curtain wall mullions
Associate Connections w Profile SizesYou can easily define rules that associate steel connection types to their structural input elements, based on steel profile properties, steel grade and member end forces
Prefix/Suffix for Dimension TypesCustomize dimensions to meet your documentation needs by adding a prefix, suffix, or both to a dimension type
Split Schedules Across SheetsSplit a schedule into multiple segments and place each segment on sheets in your project
Spot Slopes on RampsPlace spot slope annotations directly on ramp elements to improve the documentation of your model
Reference Planes in 3D ShapesUse reference planes in imported 3D shapes for dimensioning, snapping, and aligning
Multi-Category Tag EnhancementsUse a multi-category tag to tag all taggable elements
Support for CSV Export for SchedulesRevit now supports the ability to export schedules as .csv files
Improved Default Color SchemeA new default pastel color scheme has been added
Grids in 3D ViewsWhen working in a 3D view, you can display and modify grids for the model
Enhanced RPCEnhancements have been made to RPCs for more rich photo-realistic content
Revision Numbering EnhancementsCreate custom revision numbering sequences, and assign different sequences to your project revisions
Auto-shading in Panel SchedulesYou can enable auto-shading in a panel schedule template based on the panel configuration
Revit® 2022 - Additional Features:
- Generative Design: Revit 2022 incorporates the latest updates to Generative Design in Revit, including additional sample study types, easier sharing of study types and more.
- Preserve Callout Views: Callout views have the option to be preserved when the parent view is deleted
- Remember Modify Tools Settings: Settings used for tools from the Modify tab of the ribbon are remembered between sessions
- Select Shape Code for Custom Bent Free Form Rebar: You can now assign a different shape to free form rebar that cannot be automatically matched to rebar shapes
- Remember Settings when Placing Rebar: Settings used for placing rebar are remembered for the entire Revit session
- Rebar Visualization Performance Improvement in 2D Views: Performance has been improved when opening, zooming or panning in 2D views showing rebar sets in fine or medium detail level
- Filter Parameter Fields: Use filters to quickly find available parameters when creating schedules and working with project parameters
- Additional Model Categories: Eight new model categories have been added to allow more control over elements in your model. New functionality has been added to existing infrastructure categories
- Tags Re-host to Links: Tags in the host model remember hosts from a linked model and are automatically re-hosted
- Load Autodesk Family Navigation: Load Autodesk Family now includes navigation elements to help you find the families to load into your model
- Dynamo Updates: Sixty-seven new Dynamo nodes are available in several categories, allowing you to easily manipulate Revit element functions
- Set Points for Systems Analysis Use ASHRAE Values: Set points for Systems Analysis now use values from ASHRAE 90.1
- Use Rooms or Spaces for Systems Analysis: The workflows for exporting to gbXML have been consolidated into a new dialog
- Default Path for Energy Reports: You can specify a default folder for energy analysis reports
- Show Annotations in Nested Families: When a family with a nested generic annotation is loaded into a project, and placed on a vertical surface, the annotation is displayed in the floor plan views
- Maintain Annotation Orientation Added to Additional Categories: More categories can now show an annotation symbol using the Maintain Annotation Orientation family parameter
Featured Video - Tapered Walls
- Project Parameters in Circuit Naming Schemes: To provide more flexibility when creating Circuit Naming Schemes, project parameters assigned to the Electrical Circuits category may be used in Circuit Naming Schemes
- MEP Fabrication: Several MEP fabrication workflows have been improved
- View Filter Enhancements: Use enhancements to view filters to more quickly create and apply filters to your views
- Export Small Objects at Large Scales to DWG: DWG and DXF files exported at large view scales now provide improved quality
- Added Workset Parameter in Schedules: You can now add a Workset parameter when creating a schedule in workshared models. This update offers a new method for managing worksets for elements.
- Expanded Category List for Multi-Category Schedules and Material Take-offs: You can now use system categories and subcategories that were previously not available in multi-category schedules and material takeoffs
- Materials Tab Settings Remembered: Revit sessions will remember settings in the Material Browser
- Open Cloud Models Using File Menu: Cloud models can now be opened using by using the File menu in the Revit ribbon
- Filter by Family and Type in Schedule Views: Filter by Family and Type parameters in schedule and material takeoff views. This improves family filtering in single-category or multi-category schedules