3D, or High Definition Laser Scanning is increasingly becoming the preferred means with which to capture the current existing conditions. Whether you are modeling a surface or a building, running clash detection or doing spatial analysis for facility management, you must know exactly what’s on-site, where it’s located and how everything fits and works together.
High Definition 3D Laser Scanning is a form of high definition surveying that uses a laser to gauge distance to a surface. The data collected from the scans is then used to create a map of the object(s). With several scan setups throughout a room or building, a complete 3D Point Cloud of the existing conditions is created using the data gathered.
Key Aspects of Laser Scanning
- Precise, comprehensive data collection including complex angles and geometries
- Greater Accuracy in modeling, utilizing the point cloud as a reference
- Speed - allows you to collect substantial amounts of date in a short period of time
- Allows for "virtual" revisit of site
- Reduce re-work in the field
- Increased profit margin on project as soft costs are reduced or eliminated
Print-O-Stat partners with top industry leaders to provide you with the solutions you need, when you need it, and how you need it. For more information or to schedule a demonstration, please call 1.800.811.9889 or email .