AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT Fundamentals
This 2-part course covers the essential topics for working with the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software before continuing with techniques to extend a student’s mastery of the software.
The objective of the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® 2019 Fundamentals is to enable students to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore, learning to use it can be challenging. To make the process easier and provide flexibility for instructors and students, the training guide is divided into two parts.
Part 1 (three days) covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® software. The guide begins with learning the basic tools for creating and editing 2D drawings. It then continues to explore the tools used to annotate drawings by adding text, hatching, dimensions, and tables. More advanced tools, such as working with blocks and setting up layouts, are introduced to improve your efficiency with the software.
Part 2 (two days) continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template, creating annotation styles, and how to work with external references.
COURSE OF FOCUS:
- Part 1
- Understanding the AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- Part 2
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Attaching External References
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology
- A working knowledge of your operating system
The AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Fundamentals course is designed for those using AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT® with a Windows operating system. This course is not designed for the AutoCAD® for Mac software.